Editable Google Slide (CC-BY-4.0)
Life is the most important project. And, we believe, it’s been more or less amazing so far. Applying best practices from software projects to it could help make it even better.
- test: running end-to-end tests as well as unit tests should help understand whether things are working the way we think they are working, as well as which things do not work
- log: recording things and what we think (& how we feel) about them should definitely help get a better picture of what works well and what doesn’t.
- debug: isolating things that do not work or work poorly and fixing them sounds like a good idea. On the other hand, if there are too many bugs it may be worthwhile to re-create everything from scratch
- commit: applying changes locally and making sure that we stick to what we’ve decided should help evaluate performance and move forward
- push: pushing things through and applying better life to the world out there is key to moving forward